Green tea - Buy Online
Green tea is one of a tea variety which possess varies health benefits. It has its origin in China. For thousands of years green tea has been used as a medicine. Recently it is gaining popularity all over the world for its health benefits and medicinal qualities. As the processing of green tea is different from normal tea, it has a high concentration of antioxidants. For the preparation of black tea, leaves are taken through a process called fermentation, whereas green tea processing avoids the fermentation process. Green tea is prepared by steaming fresh leaves at high temperatures. Since green tea is made from un-oxidised leaves (one of the less processed tea), it is rich in antioxidants and beneficial polyphenols. Green tea is considered to be a beverage with zero calorie. Caffeine content of green tea is relatively less when compared with black tea. Due to all these peculiar characteristics green tea is regarded as one of the healthiest drinks in the world.
How to Make Green Tea ?
- Take one teaspoon of green tea leaves in a tea strainer.
- Place the tea strainer or sieve into an open mug or cup.
- Pour the heated water into the cup through the tea leaves.
- Steep the tea leaves for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add honey or other sweeteners for a good taste.
- Serve it hot