NatureLoC-Buy Online Cast Iron Tawa Not seasoned 14INCH (Fourteen Inch) Big Thava Dosakallu
Best to make crispy dosa in traditional style. Dosa Tawa which is an essential pick for preparing crispy dosas, tender omelettes and healthy rotis. Complementing the Indian kitchen, this tawa is perfect for preparing staple foods such as parathas, bread, pancakes and many more.
Cast Iron Dosa Tawa two varieties
NatureLoC now brings out 2 varieties of tawa;
- Seasoned Cast Iron Tawa
- Not Seasoned.Cast Iron Tawa
People who want to order tawa's which are already seasoned can opt for seasoned tawa from our website, which now saves time and work in our daily lives.
NOTE: 14 Inch Tawa has a weight around 4.5-5 Kg, and hence it is advisable to go through the product description before purchasing for Home Usage !
"We recommend lower variations (10inch - 13inch) for home usage."
Cast Iron Tawa - Method of seasoning
If you have purchased your cast iron tawa cookware as new, then it will be coated in wax or an oil coating to prevent rust. This will need to be removed before seasoning so this step is essential. Soak in hot, soapy water for five minutes, then wash off the soap and air dry.
After Washing, slightly heat the thawa. This will make the tawa dry and then switch off the heat. Once it cools, clean the tawa with a cloth, apply a light coating of oil and keep it aside. This should be done when you buy a new cast iron tawa.
- The vessel should come out clean. If the vessel is clean enough in a day or two you can proceed with the next step.
- Heat the vessel in low flame.
- Add castor oil or any vegetable oil, say 2 to 3 tsp to it and spread it evenly to cover all over the vessel.
- Wad up a paper towel and spread the oil across the cooking surface, any bare iron surfaces, and the bottom of the cookware.
- Turn on the burner, keep it in simmer mode and heat until smoke starts to appear. If using an electric stove, heat slowly as hot spots can crack the cast iron.
- Cover the cookware and turn off the heat. Leave until cooled before placing in storage.
Cast Iron Tawa (Thava Dosa Pan )After Use
- Try to heat oil in the pan after every use for a brief minute and then wipe it off until the pan is seasoned.
- You should not wash your cast iron dosa pan with soap. It's abrasive. Just put some oil and heat it (repeat 2 times) and let it rest overnight.
- In the morning, heat the tawa, use a tissue to wipe off the oil and do dosas. It should come ok. After every use, just wipe it and keep it.
- You should not wash your pan with soap after every single use. Washing with soap will take off the seasoning!
Dimensions of Cast Iron Tawa 14 Inch Thawa (Dosa Pan)
- Total weight: 4kg to 5kg
- Total diameter including the raised edge: 13.5inch
- Inner diameter excluding the raised edge: 32.5cm
- Handle length: 6cm
- Handle gap: 3cm to 4cm
- Thickness including the raised edge: 0.8cm to 1cm
- The thickness of the Tawa: 0.5cm
Click here to view how season dosa tawa in detailed method - 3 different methods of seasoning cast iron tawa
dosakallu, dosha, dosakallu, dosakalu, dosa kallu, dosa, dosamaker, castiron dosa pan, cast iron dosamaker, cast iron pan, cast iron tawa, dosa maker, dosa pan, nadan dosha tawa