Kalchatti - Soap Stone Cooking vessel - Flat Bowl shaped
- Product Info:INGREDIENTS: Cooking vessel Made with Soap stone and seasoned up to three weeks using traditional methods .This model of kal chatti is flat bowl shaped.HOW TO USE: Kal chatti is used for cooking gravies and vegetables.SHELF LIFE: Soap stone kadais stays for ever if preserved and maintained well.
- Out Of Stock
Soapstone Kalchatti Cookware - Flat Bowl Shaped, Traditional Stoneware, Stone Cookware Seasoned - Buy Online
Soapstone Cook Pots make great hand-me-downs since they last forever with a little care. This is why many homes here in the south, have Kalchattis (Soapstone Cook Pots) that have been passed down by our grandmothers.
Each of these Cook Pot is made manually by our rural artisans and hence each piece is unique. They are seasoned for three weeks using cooking oils , turmeric and rice water so that you can immediately start using them on purchase.
Kalchatti's are cooking vessels carved out of soapstone, a naturally occurring soft stone. Thick walled and heavy, they ensure slow and even cooking. Since they are porous, heat and moisture circulate through the pot while cooking, thereby enhancing the flavours. Traditionally used on wood stoves, these can also be used on the modern gas stove. Kalchattis can be used to prepare gravies, but not for dry preparations or sauteing. The color of Kalchatti may vary from dull grey to dark black since it's already seasoned.
Note:- This product is already seasoned. It's not advisable to use in high flames. Do not keep it empty on the flame. Fill it with contents and then keep it on the flame.
We have followed the given below process for seasoning:
- Week 1: Fill the vessel with starch water (Water used for washing rice before cooking) every day and set it aside.
- Week 2: Fill starch water in vessel and slowly heat it up in the stove in low flame. Continue this process once every day.
- Week 3-4: Start with cooking vegetables in very low flame.
- Week 5: Regular use in low flame for cooking curries and gravies.
Product Details: Flat bowl shape curry pots
- Volume: 1000 ml - 1500 ml
- Height: 7 cm - 8 cm
- Diameter: 21 cm - 23 cm
- Weight: 2 Kg - 3 Kg
- Volume: 1500 ml - 2000 ml
- Height: 6 cm - 9 cm
- Diameter: 20 cm - 24 cm
- Weight: 2.5 Kg - 3.5 Kg
- Volume: 2000 ml - 2100 ml
- Height: 8 cm - 9 cm
- Diameter: 23 cm - 26 cm
- Weight: 3 Kg - 4 Kg
Return Policy: The product will be eligible for a return, if and only if the product is damaged.
Tags: കൽച്ചട്ടി, kalchatty, soapstone cookware, kalchatti online, kal chatti kerala online, soapstone cookware online, kalchatti buy online, stone cooking vessel soapstone kal chatti, stone cookwares, general cookwares, stoneware, kalchatti, kalchatty, soapstone cookware, Kalchatti small, stone cookware buy