Kalchatti - SOAP Stone Cookware - Wide bottom based
- Product Info:INGREDIENTS: Cooking vessel Made with Soap stone with wide base and medium height.HOW TO USE: Kal chatti is used for cooking gravies and vegetables.SHELF LIFE: Soap stone kadais stays for ever if preserved and maintained well.
- Out Of Stock
Kalchatti - Wide Based Soap Stoneware, Traditional Stoneware, Stone Cookware Seasoned
This Kalchatti is hand crafted by artisans skilled in stoneware.100% eco-friendly. Hand Seasoned and ready to use. Kalchatti's are cooking vessels carved out of soapstone, a naturally occurring soft stone. Thick walled and heavy, they ensure slow and even cooking. Since they are porous, heat and moisture circulate through the pot while cooking, thereby enhancing the flavours. Traditionally used on wood stoves, these can also be used on the modern gas stove. Kalchattis can be used to prepare gravies, but not for dry preparations or sauteing. The color of Kalchatti may vary from dull grey to dark black since it's already seasoned.
- Week 1: Fill the vessel with starch water (Water used for washing rice before cooking) every day and set it aside.
- Week 2: Fill starch water in vessel and slowly heat it up in the stove in low flame. Continue this process once every day.
- Week 3-4: Start with cooking vegetables in very low flame.
- Week 5: Regular use in low flame for cooking curries and gravies.
- Volume: 1400ml - 1500ml
- Inner Diameter: 14 cm - 16 cm
- Outer Diameter 16 cm - 18 cm
- Inner Height - 9 cm - 10 cm
- Total Height - 10 cm - 12cm
- Weight: 2 kg - 2.5 kg
- Volume: 2000ml to 2500ml
- Inner Diameter - 18cm -21cm
- Outer Diameter - 20cm - 23cm
- Inner Height - 7cm - 10cm
- Total Height - 9cm - 11cm
- Weight - 2.5 kg - 3.5 kg
- Volume: 2000ml to 3500ml
- Inner Diameter - 21cm - 23cm
- Outer Diamter - 23cm - 24cm
- Inner Height - 9cm - 12cm
- Total Height - 11cm - 14cm
- Weight - 3 Kg to 3.5 kg