Cast Iron Kadai, Seasoned Cheeni Chatty, Kadai-Cheena Chatty
Appam Chatty -Buy online ചീന ചട്ടി
Cast Iron made Kadai is good for making stir-fried dishes. Fry up some South Indian recipes and get that perfect stir fry in these cast iron kadai's. The presence of handles would make it easy for the users to take it away from the flame.
NatureLoC now brings out 2 varieties of kadai; Seasoned & Not Seasoned. People who want to order kadai which are already seasoned can opt for seasoned kadai from our website, which now saves time and work in our daily lives.
The best quality iron kadai is selected and vegetable oil is coated 2-3 times. The Kadai are then placed in a furnace and is heated and then it is ready to use.
Method of seasoning
If you have purchased your cast iron cookware as new, then it will be coated in wax or an oil coating to prevent rust. This will need to be removed before seasoning so this step is essential. Soak in hot, soapy water for five minutes, then wash off the soap and air dry.
After Washing, slightly heat the tawa. Sprinkle salt on it and saute until golden brown. Switch off the heat. Once it cools, clean the tawa with a cloth, apply a light coating of oil and store it. This should be done when you buy a new cast iron tawa.
- The vessel should come out clean. If the vessel is clean enough in a day or two you can proceed with the next step.
- Heat the vessel in low flame.
- Add castor oil or any vegetable oil, say 2 to 3 tsp to it and spread it evenly to cover all over the vessel.
- Wad up a paper towel and spread the oil across the cooking surface, any bare iron surfaces, and the bottom of the cookware.
- Turn on the burner and heat until smoke starts to appear. If using an electric stove, heat slowly as hot spots can crack the cast iron.
- Cover the cookware and turn off the heat. Leave until cooled before placing in storage.
- Try to heat oil in the pan after every use for a brief minute and then wipe it off until the pan is seasoned.
- You should not wash your cast iron kadai with soap. It's abrasive. Just put some oil and heat it (repeat 2 times) and let it rest overnight.
- In the morning, heat the Kadai, use a tissue to wipe off the oil and do curries. It should come ok. After every use, just wipe it and keep it.
- You should not wash your kadai with soap after every single use. Washing with soap will take off the seasoning!
The dimensions of the Cast Iron Kadai, Cheeni Chatty, Kadai is as follows,Size - 11 inch
- Weight - 3 to 3.300gm
- Diameter - 27.5 cm
- Height - 19 cm
- Weight - 2 to 3
- Diameter - 25 cm
- Height - 11 cm
- Weight - 1.885 kg
- Diameter - 22.5 cm
- Height - 8 cm
- Weight - 1.472 kg
- Diameter - 19 cm
- Height - 6.5 cm