Dutch Oven Cookware (Cast Iron)
- Product Info:Super Smooth or Seasoned - Cast Iron Dutch Oven Cookware
- In Stock
NatureLoC - Dutch Oven Cookware Cast Iron Seasoned - Buy Online
NatureLoC's Cast Iron Dutch Oven Cookware is beautifully designed and made from pure cast iron. This unique cookware is great for slow cooking foods. The Dutch oven features a pre-seasoned cast iron cooking utensil
Using a cast iron skillet you can create good quality food fried with golden brown, crispy exteriors. You will also get the amazing benefits of cast iron i.e. evenly heating, excellent heat retention and legendary cooking performance. Cast Iron can be used in campfires, ovens or on a stovetop as well.
Seasoned Dutch Oven:
These best quality iron dutch is coated with vegetable oil 2-3 times. It is then placed in furnace and is heated. Once heated, the seasoned product is ready for use.
Method of seasoning
If you have purchased your cast iron cookware as new, then it will be coated in wax or an oil coating to prevent rust. This will need to be removed before seasoning so this step is essential. Soak in hot, soapy water for five minutes, then wash off the soap and air dry.
After Washing, slightly heat the dutch oven. This will make it dry and then switch off the heat. Once it cools, clean it with a cloth, apply a light coating of oil and keep it aside. This should be done when you buy a new cast iron dutch oven.
- The vessel should come out clean. If the vessel is clean enough in a day or two you can proceed with the next step.
- Heat the vessel in low flame.
- Add castor oil or any vegetable oil, say 2 to 3 tsp to it and spread it evenly to cover all over the vessel.
- Wad up a paper towel and spread the oil across the cooking surface, any bare iron surfaces, and the bottom of the cookware.
- Turn on the burner, keep it in simmer mode and heat until smoke starts to appear. If using an electric stove, heat slowly as hot spots can crack the cast iron.
- Cover the cookware and turn off the heat. Leave until cooled before placing in storage.
- Try to heat oil in it after every use for a brief minute and then wipe it off until it is seasoned.
- You should not wash your cast iron utensil with soap. It's abrasive. Just put some oil and heat it (repeat 2 times) and let it rest overnight.
- In the morning, heat it, use a tissue to wipe off the oil and start cooking. It should come ok. After every use, just wipe it and keep it.
- You should not wash it with soap after every single use. Washing with soap will take off the seasoning!
Dimension of Cast Iron Dutch Oven:
- Diameter: 8 inch
- Total Weight: 4 - 4.5 Kg
- Vessel Weight: 2.5 - 3 Kg
- Lid Weight: 1 - 1.5 Kg
- Height: 11 - 12 cm
- Handle Length: 4 cm
- Handle Width: 9 cm