Dried Tapioca (Unakka Kappa)
- Product Info:INGREDIENTS: Tapioca or Kappa from Kerala high range region is cut into small pieces, steam cooked and then sun dried to make Sun dried Tapioca.HOW TO USE: Dried Tapioca is a low starch breakfast option .Generally steam cooked and eaten with Indian curries or spiced chutneys .Good to oil fry the same and use as a snack.SHELF LIFE: Sun dried tapioca can be stored for long in dry and airtight container and stays a year or longer
- In Stock
Buy Online Sun Dried Organic Tapioca (Unakka Kappa or Vaattu Kappa) From NatureLoC.com നാടൻ കപ്പ
What is Tapioca?
Tapioca is a root extracted from the cassava plant. It is abundantly available in Kerala during the summer season and is called by the different names like 'Kappa', 'kollikizhangu', 'Maracheeni' etc. The two main tapioca dishes which are popular in Kerala are Chenda kappa (plain boiled tapioca) and Kappa puzhkku (mashed tapioca with grounded coconut).
Natureloc dried tapioca (nadan vattu kappa)
Matured tapiocas are parboiled and dried in the sun so that it can be stored for longer periods. These dried tapiocas are called by the name 'Unakka Kappa' or 'Vaattu Kappa' (വാട്ട് കപ്പ) (dried tapioca).
During winter season these dried tapioca or Unakka kappa നാടൻ കപ്പ is normally used for the preparation of 'Kappa Puzhukku' or Tapioca with grounded coconut mixture. Fish curry and kappa puzhukku is undoubtedly one of the highlights of Kerala cuisines.
Natureloc dried tapioca is best to make delicious kappa puzhukku of kerala style.
- Sourcing method- Quality Tapiocas from farms in Kottayam & Idukki, Kerala.
- Packing Type: Plastic cover
- Ingredient - Dried Tapioca
- Material feature: veg
- Storage: Store in an air tight container
Tags: natureloc dried tapioca, kerala dried tapioca, dry tapioca online, Tapioca Dried, Unakka Kappa, Vaattu Kappa, casava, casava root, kappa, നാടൻ കപ്പ, വാട്ട് കപ്പ