Buy Kantakari Dried and Crushed Online
Kantakari Dried and Crushed
- Product Info:Kantakari Dried/Crushed
- In Stock
Kantakari or Kandakari is an annual thorny plant with thick succulent stems with spicules.The thorns are yellow in colour and small. Flowers are blue in colour. Fruits are rounded,green coloured when raw and turn yellow at maturity All parts of the plant can be used effectively
- Kantkari is useful in treating worms, cold, hoarseness of voice, fever, dysuria, enlargement of the liver, muscular pain, spleen and stone in the urinary bladder.
- Nasal administration of kantkari is beneficial in migraine, asthma and headache.
- Its dried fruit is used in making cigarettes. The smoke from these cigarettes is held in the mouth cavity, to treat dental infections.
- The juice of the berries is used in curing sore throat.
- The fumigation of kantakari is helpful in piles.
- The herb is made to a paste and applied on swollen and painful joints to reduce the pain and swelling in arthritis.......
- Botanical Name(s): Solanum Xanthocarpum
- Family Name: Solanaceae
- Family: Solanaceae
- Genus: Solanum
- Species: S. xanthocarpum
- Popular Name(s): Yellow-Berried Nightshade, Choti Katheri, Kantkari, Kateli Parts Used: Fruits, Whole Plant. Habitat: Throughout India
- Hindi - Choti kateri, bhatkataiyya, rengani etc.
- Sanskrit Name - Vyagarhi, Kshudra, duhsparsha etc.