Vayambu - Sweet Flag
- Product Info:Vayambu -Sweet Flag
- In Stock
Vayambu or sweet flag is an ayurvedic plant which is usually seen in the nearby areas of ponds, lakes and streams.This is a herbal plant which possess amazing health benefits. It is commonly known as ‘Sweet Flag‘ in English.
A ceremony in Kerala for newborns make use of Vayambu or sweet flag. Small quantity of a paste made of sweet flag and honey is placed on the infant’s tongue. Sweet flag is believed to have therapeutic as well as divine properties. Let’s have look at some of the main medicinal uses of this ayurvedic herb.
- Useful against the colic in infants
- Good for digestion
- Sweet flag is useful against the treatment for cough and cold. It can also have positive effects against respiratory disorders like bronchitis.
- It can be a body coolant and used against dyspepsia, and vomiting.
- The rhizome of Sweet flag has sedative properties, it can have a depressing effect on the central nervous system.