Dried Jackfruit Slices /Sun dried Jackfruit
- Product Info:INGREDIENTS: Jackfruit is seasonal tropical fruit available during summer in India .Raw Jack fruit is cut into thin slices and dried in sun to prepare sundried jackfruit to preserve the same for longer time.HOW TO USE: Dried jackfruit is good for making breakfast delicacies, fries etc.SHELF LIFE: Sun dried Jackfruit can be stored for long in dry and airtight container
- In Stock
Jackfruit Sliced & Dried (pacha chakka unagiyathu) ചക്ക ചൊള ഉണങ്ങിയത്
Sliced and dried raw jackfruit, Arinja chakka chola unakkiyatu പച്ച ചക്ക ചൊള ഉണങ്ങിയത്
Since jackfruits are not available all-round the year, raw and matured jackfruits can be sliced, dried and stored for later use. These sun dried jackfruit slices can be used for the preparation of various jackfruit recipes like Chakka puzhukku, pickles and jackfruit chips. The seeds are also edible and taste similar to chestnuts.
Sun Dried jackfruit cooking method - Method of preparation
- Soak 250gm of dried jackfruit slices in clean water for 3 – 3½ hours. The water should be on level with the jackfruit slices.
- Once it is soaked for 3 – 3½ hours, the dried jackfruit pieces would drink up the water and increase its size.
- Now, remove the remaining water and take the jackfruit pieces.
- Transfer it to a steamer and cook it for half an hour. Close the lid of the vessel while cooking. (In between, check whether the jackfruit is cooked or not)
- Meanwhile, ground the sufficient quantity of grated coconut, green chillies, turmeric powder, curry leaves and shallots to form a coarse mixture. Keep it aside.
- Once it is cooked, water presence would be less as reduced through evaporation. Now add the coarse coconut mixture on top and sprinkle some salt for the taste.
- Close the lid and simmer it for few minutes. When the steam comes again, open the lid and mix the ingredients with a ladle. The recipe will be of a greenish yellow texture.
- When it is ready, serve it hot with Bird’s eye chilli chutney (Kantari mulaku chutney) or non-veg recipes.
NatreLoC Sun Dried jackfruit Sliced Product Specifications
- Material Feature :Vegetarian
- Storage - Jackfruit Dried/Sliced should be stored in a dry place in an airtight container.
- Shelf Life - Jackfruit Dried/Sliced has a long shelf life. It can keep good for up to 8 months or longer.
- Product Type-Kerala
- Packing Type -250 Gm packet
Jackfruit in different Languages
- In Hindi-कटहल,katahal
- In Kannada- ಜಾಕ್ ಫ್ರೂಟ್
- In Malayalam-ചക്ക chacka
- In Tamil-பலாப்பழம் -Palāppaḻam
Buy Online All Jackfruit Products Raw Green Jackfruit Powder or Flour Jackfruit Seed Flour Jackfruit Varatty From NatureLoC.com
Customer questions & answers
Question:How to Use Dried Jackfruit Slices /Sun Dried Jackfruit?
Answer:Sun dried jackfruit slices can be used for the preparation of various jackfruit recipes like Chakka puzhukku, pickles.
Question:How to Prepare Dried Jackfruit Slices?
Answer:Dried jackfruit slices in clean water for 3 – 3½ hours. The water should be on level with the jackfruit slices. Steam or cook half an hour and prepare like chakka puzhuku. Dried jackfruit is good for making breakfast delicacies, fries etc.
Question:What is the shelf life of dried jackfruit?
Answer:Sun dried Jackfruit can be stored for long in dry and airtight container.
Question:Is it possible to make jackfruit powder?
Answer:Yes, just grind the mixer and powdered can be used for making chappathy and other breakfast items
Tags: Palāppaḻamjackfruit slices, dry jackfruit, dried jackfruit sliced, chacka unagiyathu, unakka chakka, jackfruit diabetic, Raw and matured jackfruits, raw jackfruit, pacha chakka unagiyathu, diabetic, jackfruit sugar control, jakcfruit products