Little Millet Chama Rice Kutki
- Product Info:
INGREDIENTS: Little millet chama rice kutki Panicum sumatrense, known as little millet, is a species of millet in the family Poaceae. Health benefits of little millet it is a low glycemic index food, which is a good source of slow digesting carbohydrates and dietary fiber.
HOW TO USE :Cook the millet with sufficient amount water until it become soft and tender. Add salt and grated coconut. Serve hot
SHELF LIFE: 9 Months Millet will keep for about two months when properly stored in a kitchen cabinet, four months in the refrigerator, and six months or longer in the freezer.
- In Stock
Little Millet ചാമ അരി Kutki
Little millet(Panicum sumatrense,Kutki,Samalu,Same,Samai,Chama):Little millet is grown throughout india and is one of the traditional crops of karnataka.It is generally consumed as rice and can try any other recipes that demands normal rice.
What is foxtail millet Thinai called in India?
- Little Millet (Panicum miliare), one of the small millets, is called kutki in Hindi, sava (Marathi), gajro (Gujrati), same (Kannada), samai (Tamil),
Is Little millet (chamayari) good for health? Health benefits of Little millet
- NatureLoC little millet 100 soft and delicious
- Millets are least allergic and most digestible grains available
- Millets are least allergic and most digestible grains available.
- Insoluble fiber in millets lowers triglycerides.
- Millets contain high amounts of lecithin which is good for nervous system.
- Magnesium in millets reduces frequency of migraine attacks.
- Millets reduce the risk of type 2 diabets mellitus.
- Millets are high in phosphorus, a mineral that is an important constituent of nucleic acids,which are building blocks of gentic code.
- Millets help women combat gallstones,reduce risk of wheezing and asthma amomg children.
- Benefits post menopausal women who have heart ailments high blood pressure and cholestrol levels.
- Millets contain phytonutrient lingams that act against breast cancer and reduce risk of heart ailments.
How to prepare little millet gruel?
- Millet half cup
- water 1 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coconut 2 tbsp (optional)
Cook the millet with sufficient amount water until it become soft and tender. Add salt and grated coconut. Serve hot
millets,millet,foxtail millet,కొర్రలు,korralu,korra,kangni,Kangni,کنگنی,ਕਂਗਣੀ, फॉक्सटेल बाजरा,ਕਂਗਣੀ,Navane,Thinai,Kang,Rala,Italian millet,German millet,Little Millet,Kodo millet,raagi,rice,cereal rice, Cereals, foxtail millet,ragi,raagi cereal rice,little millets,kodo millets,Millets,Pulses,തിന,milet,millet,milat,millets,millat,baajara,foxtail,myllets, milet,mixed millet,mixed millet powder,ചാമ അരി,വരാഗ്