Njavara Rice - Navara Rice
- Product Info:INGREDIENTS: Navara rice is a variety of red rice which is grown in Palakkad district in Kerala which is known to have lot of medicinal properties and great for health.HOW TO USE: Njavara Rice/Navara rice is used to make porridge/gheer etc.SHELF LIFE: Navara rice last for long is stored well.
- In Stock
Buy online Kerala Medicinal Njavara Rice - Organic Navara Rice
What is Njavara or Navara Rice ?Medicinal and health value of Njavara rice
Njavara or Navara rice ഞവര അരി is a different rice variety pertaining to Kerala. Njavara is the indigenous race of rice which exist in 2 forms, black and golden. Of which black coloured njavara rice seems to be more healthier than the golden variety. It is believed to have medicinal properties to rectify the basic ailments affecting the respiratory, circulatory as well as the digestive system. Njavara Kizhi and the Njavara theppu treatments in Ayurveda make use of these nutritious Navara cereals. Powdered Njavara is often mixed with milk and is consumed as porridge. This rice variety is also known for its religious significance, as it is sometimes used in temples for different religious ceremonies. During winter season recipes prepared of Njavara rice is known to have a positive effect on building immunity.
How to prepare medicinal njavara kanji Njavara rice porridge?
Nutritious Njavara Paal kanji or Boiled Navara rice with milk
- Wash the Navara rice (50gm) in clean water for 2-3 times. Drain the rice and keep it aside.
- Heat some water (500ml) in an earthen pot or in a rice pan.
- Once the water starts to boil, place the rice in the water.
- Reduce the flame to a low-medium range and cook it for some time.
- When the rice is cooked to a soft state, slowly pour the milk(250ml) and continue boiling for 2-3 minutes.
- Add some sugar or white rock candy for a sweet taste.
- If needed, you can also include cashew nuts, raisins and cardamom for an improved rich flavour.
- Njavara or Navara rice paal kanji is ready and serve it hot