Pappad - Kerala Papadam
- Product Info:
- INGREDIENTS: Natureloc Pappadam/Pappad are made from urad dal, rice flour, coconut oil and salt.
- QUALITY: Natureloc pappadams are handcrafted in the most hygienic conditions, sundried and free from chemicals.
- COOKING & SERVING: Fry Natureloc Pappadam in sizzling hot Natureloc coconut oil or other natural coconut oils for the best texture and taste. Pappadam/Pappad can be sav
- In Stock
KERALA PAPPADAM/ PAPPAD- 100% VEGETARIAN
Pappad or Pappadam is a side dish, usually served with rice in South India. Pappad or Pappadams are prepared from edible flour, dried under the sun in a round shape. This simple accompaniment is savoured in every household in South India. Kerala Pappadam is known for its crispiness and funny texture. It is served with the Traditional Kerala Sadya/ Onasadhya alongside Dal/lentil curry, ghee and rice. Pappad or pappadam can be also found in different flavors, like pepper, garlic, etc. and the flour varies from chickpea to beetroot.
Variants of Pappadam can be found in diferent parts of India. Appalams, a flatter variant of Kerala Pappadam is used in Tamil Nadu. Like Pappadams, appalams are also served with rice, lentils/dal curry. The same is known as Pappad and is vastly used in Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab. Different variants of Pappadams used in different regions of the country vary in the base flour, Pappad uses black gram bean flour, Kerala Pappadam uses urad dal/ rice flour and appalam uses lentil flour.
- Step 1: Mix the ingredients- urad dal, rice flour, black gram and salt. Let the dough rest for some time.
- Step 2: Take the dough, roll it into small cylinders and chop it into small pieces.
- Step 3: Using a chapati roller, roll the small pieces into a round shape and rub some flour on both sides.
- Step 4: Sundry the Pappadams/Pappads and pack it
Tags: pappad, pappadam, pappadum, papads, Papad, Kerala Papadam, Pappadam, Papadum, South Indian Papadam, fresh kerala pappadam, sadhya pappads