- Product Info:Walnuts
- In Stock
- Ex Tax: ₹850
Walnut is an edible nut variety from the tree Juglans regia. Since ancient times, walnuts have been revered as a symbol of intellectuality. It is a nutrient-rich nut with proteins and essential fatty acids. These nuts are also dense in health-benefiting omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for an optimum health. Walnuts have a spherical shape with the size of a medium sized lemon enclosed within a hard shell, each has a weight of 10-15 gm. China is the leading producer of walnut, followed by Iran, United States, Turkey, Ukraine, Mexico, Romania, India, France and Chile. English or Persian walnut, Black walnut and the White or butternut walnut are the three main commercially cultivated varieties. The walnut seed has a number of health benefits ranging from weight management to prevention and slowing of various cancers. Some of the essential health benefits are
- Walnuts are a natural memory booster and are considered to be an aid for brain development. Hence, it is good for children.
- The presence of antioxidants in walnuts can play a key role in removing the free radicals from the body, thus aids in cancer prevention.
- Helps in preventing type 2 diabetes
- It could play a positive role in improving the metabolism.
- Including walnuts in your diet would be an easy step towards an effective weight management.
- Taking walnuts before the sleep can influence a sound and deep sleep.
- Having a handful of walnuts a day can protect your heart function